Interview with Grahame Ward, Director of Mackay Goodwin
On this week’s episode, I speak with Grahame Ward, Director of Mackay Goodwin. Grahame is a registered liquidator, administrator and receiver based in Sydney, and has over 20 years of experience in assisting with business turnarounds, restructuring and administration.
In this interview, we talk about:
- Dispelling myths that liquidators are the grim reapers of business
- His personal experiences as an investor
- His advice to businesses experience financial stress during this market downturn
- How government subsidies are potentially causing by-product issues and more specifically, zombie businesses
- How business owners can take a more preventative approach and maximise the survivability of their business
I think there’s a lot that all business owners can take from this episode from an experienced advisor such as Grahame. Regardless of whether you and your business are in financial distress, Grahame shares the importance of seeking prevention as a way to mitigate risks in your business.
00:00 – Intro
02:52 – Are Liquidators like the Grim Reaper for Businesses?
05:58 – Grahame’s views on creating wealth
07:48 – Grahame’s investor journey
08:57 – Dealing with a financial loss
09:54 – Stewardship – Advice for struggling businesses
11:55 – Recent changes to insolvency and restructuringRead More
Q: Are you like the grim reaper for business? The one who comes in and represents death for businesses. How would you best describe what you do as a liquidator and administrator?
In this episode, we talk about why...
In this episode, we answer the...
In this episode, we expose why most...
In this episode, we expose why the...